2015 BCO Exam Scholarship
In answer to the Surgeon General’s call to diversify the profession of lactation consulting so that traditionally underrepresented populations will have better access to lactation education and support, the Breastfeeding Coalition of Oregon (BCO) will offer one scholarship for the full amount of the exam registration ($660) to a candidate from an underrepresented minority group or a candidate from an underserved community with few IBCLC’s who is eligible to sit for the IBCLC exam for the first time in July 2015.
- The application must include a reference from an Oregon or SW Washington lactation professional who is familiar with the candidate’s work in the lactation community (or can verify that the candidate is a lactation student).
- Candidate is eligible to sit for the 2015 IBCLC Exam (no renewals)
- The applicant must agree to live and work in Oregon or SW Washington for at least one year after certification.
- The applicant must explain how they personally plan to promote, protect, and support breastfeeding in Oregon and/or SW Washington as an IBCLC.
EXTENDED DEADLINE!!!!!! The deadline for completed applications for the IBCLC exam scholarship is February 27, 2015.
BCO Develops New Strategic Framework to Guide Work from 2015-2018
Breastfeeding Friendly Child Care videos:
- How to Support Breastfeeding Mothers & Families: A Simple Guide for Child Care Providers
- Seeking Support for Breastfeeding at Work and Child Care